I'll attempt to update more frequently with our progress across the country to California, and we are now down to 904 miles to complete the first half of our journey.
Yesterday I spent a mile walking trying to get the GPS working, then gave up and started to run. When I came across a road I didn't recognize I stopped, got the GPS going, and retraced my steps. I stopped running after 3 miles, then measured my walk at 1 mile, so 8 total yesterday for me.
Among the sights I saw, a groundhog, and a run down Pond View Drive, which coincidentally didn't have a view of any pond. I also got to see a little of the carnival setup in progress.
I ended up breaking my toe in the pool (again) later in the day, so I hope it heels quickly. Today was a strength training day, so I spent most of my time doing weights, three sets of 15 reps. But I had some extra time and put in 3 easy miles on the bike.
The plan for tomorrow is to run, as long as my toe can take it, if not I'll hit the Y and do some bike. Mileage wise the bike is better, but I've officially signed up for the half marathon, so I'd rather run.
Let me know if you are putting in any miles!
No comments:
Post a Comment