Last night I took advantage of the kids requesting to go to the park to take a walk and move us 3 miles closer to our goal.
This morning was a hot one here, but I got dressed and tested out my toe with a quick run, but it hurt too much so I headed off to the Y for a bike ride instead. After going 10 miles on the bike I thought it couldn't hurt to try a quick mile on the treadmill. I started out at 6 mph, and thought that ten miutes wouldnt be bad. For the most part I didn't have any problems, so I tried a second mile. Towards the end of the second mile I was wanting to quit, and Until I Collapse came on my playlist, so I kicked up the speed on the treadmill to 7 mph and knocked off the third mile before cooling down and coming home.
As the beginning of the song says, "sometimes you feel tired and weak, and when you feel weak you feel like you want to give up, but you've got to find that inner strength to get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you want to fall flat on your face." Or something very similar. In short, it's mostly mental, so keep pushing!
We are getting closer to California every day, so let's get there!
No comments:
Post a Comment