Our Progress

Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to Normal

The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.
Vince Lombardi 




I don't know about everyone else, but this weekend has left me pretty tired.  I know that I ate and drank much more than I should have, and didn't sleep as much as I should have either.  But I had a good time, and it was definitely a special occasion so I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  


I was pleased that I got a chance to work out each day at the very least, and didn't eat as bad as I could have.  But I was much too tired to wake up this morning when I should have, so I skipped my normal morning walk.  This afternoon I did take the kids for a walk to the park, which is a mile round trip, and did three loops around the .4 mile path.  I was still dragging quite a bit more than normal, but I was happy that I got in at least a small walk, and now it is back to normal with healthy eating and my morning walks.  


For me it's now been 37 straight days were I have walked, so I'm excited to keep up the streak.  My goals for this week are to walk every day and become the second person to log 100 miles.  


Dad is the first, and has been really carrying us with his running, biking, and walking!  I know that I'm proud of all the hard work that he has been doing, and he's definitely helped to inspire me to keep going!  

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am so proud of you both for keeping up with your miles over the wedding weekend! Very difficult to do. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete