We are currently about 30 miles outside of Atlanta, Georgia, on our way west.
Georgia was the 13th, and last of the original colonies, and the fourth state to ratify the Constitution. Georgia is the ninth most populous state, with Atlanta both the largest city and the state capital. There are 9.4 million people in the Atlanta metropolitan area, making it the ninth largest in the country. Home to the Braves, Falcons, Hawks, along with Coke, Delta, and Turner Broadcasting.
Having been to Atlanta I can honestly say it was some of the worst traffic I have ever seen.

Wow - 30 Miles to Atlanta! If we all put in some extra miles this weekend, maybe we can make it by Monday!
ReplyDeleteWell, actually Dad just put us over the top with his miles today, so we've got 153 miles to go until we get to Birmingham, Alabama. But I like the idea of extra miles this week, so don't tell! ;)
ReplyDelete