Our Progress

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Setting Goals (and making them!)

Congratulations everyone on reaching state number 9 - Arkansas!


More importantly, we've made it to Forrest City, Arkansas!


There really is nothing significant about Forrest City, except  last week I challenged everyone to do 3 things:
  1. Get to Tennessee
  2. Get to Forrest City, AR
  3. Reach the 200 mile barrier
Not only did we complete all 3 goals, but we went above and beyond going 208.5 miles so far!  I'm not sure if everyone has entered all of their miles for the week yet, but I have a feeling we will be going up by at least a little bit. 

Everyone should be really pleased with our progress this week, and for reaching all three of our goals!  I talked to most of you last week and several of you committed to going a certain distance, and I know everyone pushed hard this week and did what they said they would do.  Great job everyone!  Not to mention, it isn't every week that you get pounded by the remnants of a tropical storm, but we managed to make it through it, and reach our goals.

Earlier today I said I thought that we wouldn't reach a new state next week, but I'm thinking maybe, just maybe we can do it.  We would need to travel 222.1 miles to reach Muse, Oklahoma, and I think if everyone pushes really hard we can make it there!  So that's my challenge to everyone this week, let's get to Oklahoma!

I'm going to shoot for a little bit more than the 35 I went this week and see what happens.  It may not be much more, but I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment