Our Progress

Monday, August 16, 2010

A Virtual Journey Across America

I was looking for ideas to stay motivated, and came across what looked like a fun challenge idea, a virtual walk across America.  The route will be the American Discovery Trail, which is 5048 miles from one end of the country to the other.  We'll have a year to complete our virtual journey.

I'll create a simple spreadsheet where everyone can log their totals that they walk, run, or bike each day and I'll plot our course across the country weekly.  The goal will be to reach the final destination, 5048 miles.  I thought it would be a fun experience, so I'm not looking for exact measurements, just a rough idea of how far you've gone as close as possible.  I'll send out some free tools you can use to measure your walks, and get the map set-up.  You should be able to post to the blog, and if you want to invite someone to join please let me know and I'll add them.  The more people that want to do this the better.  We'll have a year to complete this virtual trek, and if we finish early we'll have to figure something out, maybe we'll start walking back.  I'll get some more details out soon, but wanted to officially kick off our virtual walk across America.


I'll leave the blog open for now so anybody can view, but you have to have permission to post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment