Our Progress

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My walking route

I've settled into a good routine, waking up early, currently the alarm goes off at 5:55 AM, get dressed and head out the door on my 3 mile route.  Officially it measures in at about 3.2 miles, but for my purposes 3 miles is close enough.  The bad part of following the same route every day is you go the same place every day, but the good part is things are familiar.

I pass many of the same people every day, both on foot, either walking or running, or even in the car.  After 31 straight days of following pretty much the same route I even have some people that drive by beeping and waving.   I've made some small changes to the route adding a little bit of distance.  I added a little bit of distance by looping down a residential street, and went a street further past Church street (there were two things that bothered me about Church street - 1) there are no churches on the street, and 2) there was a house with a big Red Sox flag).  I also go a street further in the opposite direction and dub the route my 'Statue of Liberty' route now.

Why do I call it that?  Because of this in the back yard:

Its a little blurry from taking the picture while walking (and not trying to be obvious about it), but as you can see there is a mini Statue of Liberty in their backyard.

On my walk I go past both the police station, and the fire station.  I go past a cemetery, the post office, and the library.  A gas station and a WaWa, along with two pizza places and a liquor store.  A TV repair shop, pharmacy, butcher, a salon, and the Flying Pig Saloon.

I go past many houses, and walk a loop around the path at the Paoli Battlefield before heading home.  There is a park right next to the Paoli Battlefield, where I walk with the kids.  I took a few pictures tonight of the loop I walk each morning -

One of the monuments:


The middle of the loop:






The sun setting for a change:


Feel free to tell us all about your routes!

No comments:

Post a Comment