Our Progress

Monday, August 1, 2011

One year ago today...

I began my journey, taking my first walk and starting to eat healthier. I walked over 100 miles in August, then over 120 in both September and October. I mixed in some running in Novemeber, and joined the gym in March, when I started going daily, lifting weights three times per week, and biking or running on the treadmill the other days.

I began running outside when the weather turned nicer, and started training for the Warrior Dash continuing to go to the gym three days a week. The Warrior Dash was great, I don't think there is any better feeling than finishing something you weren't positive you could do.

Since the Warrior Dash I've cut back on my trips to the gym to two weeks, although I've tried to push further and further each trip. I've started training for a half marathon, finishing up with 112 miles running for the month of August.

I got on the scale and I'm down 108 pounds from when I started and I feel better than ever. It's definitely not easy waking up early every day, or waking up at 5:30 on a Sunday to get in a run before it gets too hot, but it's worth it.

I've still got a little work to do, but I'm going to keep pushing until I get there. Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement to keep me going on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment